What's the difference between TESOL, TESL, ESL and TEFL?
- The basic teaching skills for all of the above are the same
- The difference between the names TESL and TEFL relates to where you are teaching.
- TESL = Teaching English as a Second Language, or teaching English in a country where English is the primary language, for example, in a country like Canada, or Australia.
- TEFL = Teaching English as a Foreign Language, or teaching in a country where English is a foreign language, and is not the first language of the residents, for example, in a country like China, or Mexico, or Korea. Often TEFL is replaced with a more generic term, ELT which means English Language Teaching.
- TESOL = Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, is a name that includes both TESL and TEFL.
- ESL = English as a Second Language
TESOL in India, New Delhi @ ILSC: Overview:
- Duration: 120 hours.
- Classes: 4 hours/day
- Days: Monday to Friday
- Includes: Peer Teaching Tasks, Observations of trained teachers.
- Practicums: 20 hour practicum, which includes peer teaching, lesson observations and supervised practicum
- Test: 2-hour written test will be held on the last day of the program.
- Pre-Course: Grammar task to be completed by the students before classes commence
Why should you take the TESOL Certification Course from ILSC Delhi?
- For experienced teachers: Get a chance to gain further professional development as ESL teachers.
- For new teachers: This program will help you launch your career as ESL/EFL/Corporate Trainers.
What is the TESOL Program at ILSC all about?
- The ILSC TESOL/TKT program was designed in Vancouver, Canada, at Greystone College (www.greystonecollege.com), and it has become a mainstay in the curriculum of all the three Canadian ILSC schools (Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal).
- This Canadian program has helped countless trainees from all over the world develop their teaching skills and find teaching jobs.
- Now in India for the first time, the TESOL/TKT program offers the same training to instructors who are looking to hone their own teaching skills and pedagogical knowledge.
- The supervised practicum enables trainees to develop their own lesson portfolio to begin their journey of teaching excellence.
- The TESOL course equips teachers with the most modern and up‐to‐date training techniques that will enable them to teach students of all linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
Who should attend the TESOL Course?
- Teachers who want to get the maximum out of their teaching sessions through the use of integrated styles and modern teaching methods
- Trainers working as soft skills, voice and accent, or communication freelancers in various segments of training.
- People working in the training, learning and professional developmental sectors of organizations.
- People aspiring to become corporate trainers.
About the TESOL trainer in Delhi
The teachers for the course have all been trained and certified as professional ESL/EFL instructors in Canada. They are seasoned trainers in the communicative approach to language teaching and they have experience in TESOL training techniques and advanced English teaching programs.
TESOL ESL Participant's Testimonials:
Chitra Srivastava: "It was a great experience doing the TESOL program at ILSC India. What made it more interesting and relevant was the hands‐on approach and interactive, communicative classes. The instructor was very helpful, professional and well trained. I thank ILSC for starting the TESOL program in India."
Susan Joseph: “The TESOL course content was fantastic and the material very informative. Technology was used extensively in the classroom which motivated the students to learn and participate. This program was an eye‐opener for me and I can say with confidence that I have acquired lots of new skills and approaches to teaching.”
- Languages Canada, the governing board for private language schools in Canada
- CEC (Canadian Education Council) Tie Up
- British Columbia Teachers of English as an Additional Language (BC TEAL),
- Language Industry Association / Association de l'industrie de la langue (AILIA),
- Greystone College, Vancouver, Toronto, Canada
- Associations of Language Travel Organisations (ALTA)